Second release on thimble

This week I was working on my second bug on the thimble repo. This one is a feature request. Here is the link to the issue https://github.com/mozilla/thimble.mozilla.org/issues/2506. I basically need to add a inline editor for editing the Border-radius css rule. Something like this:

I already made it partially working. But some of the UI style still need to be fixed. As you can see right now the background color is all read which does not really meet the production level standard.

At the first glance of the issue. I didn't think this should be taking too long, because there are already some existing inline editors code example. I thought I can just do bunch of copy-paste to make it work. However, when I really sit down and starting working on it, it was totally different than what I thought. You need to have different files to handle different behaviours of the editor. To figure that out I started by reading the existing code over and over again. That took me a long time to get only a little clue on how to make it work.

Once I get over this step, things become much easier. Because I already know how the code should be structured and where I can reference to. All you need to do at this point  is to organize your logic and put them into nice, clean and reusable code.

I am confident I can get this done by 2 months from now and I also would like to add more inline editors for other css rules. Although such feature take more time but I really enjoy doing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working with gh-pages

Documentation in opensource